Experience classical music through new ears and eyes with the highly acclaimed performers from The Bakken Trio and Z Puppets Rosenschnoz.
At each hour-long event in this series, audiences will explore one of the four movements of From the Monkey Mountains by Czech composer Pavel Haas by:
• learning about the dramatic life of this 20th century composer through Z Puppets’ toy theater presentation, from Haas’ early inspiration to the composer's tragic death in the Holocaust
• getting tips from The Bakken Trio on key details to listen for in the music
• hearing The Bakken Trio's live performance of a movement of From the Monkey Mountains
• responding to the music through Z Puppets’ guided drawing activity.
• sharing discoveries in a group discussion.
Each event will stand alone as a complete experience — or try them all! Classical music lovers and “not-so-much”- ers welcome.
Free. Recommended for ages 12-adult. Registration opens March 14 at https://washcolib.libcal.com/event/4934056
This activity is funded, in part, by the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council through an appropriation from the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the State’s general fund.